Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day before Round 4 - February 24, 2012

My white blood count (with the help of the shot I had after the last round) decided to cooperate so tomorrow I will have the fourth round of chemo. The count was up to normal levels - 6300 which was great news. I'll have that same shot on Saturday to help those cells continue to multiply. The side effects were not bad and I'm hoping I will have the same experience this time.

All seems to be going well, Dr. Tung is pleased that I seem to be tolerating everything so well. Plus, the CA 125 levels remain low - this time they were just 5, which is practically nonexistent. (this test is my marker for ovarian cancer, my presurgery level was 69) I still am feeling good. I did experience several days of pretty severe tiredness after the last round, we'll see if that continues this time...but I can't complain as I've never really felt bad.

I'm hoping that a late night tonight will allow me to sleep some tomorrow - but I'm not counting on that. I downloaded a new book to read and I've got some other things that will keep me busy.

Thank you for your continued prayers, support and encouragement. After tomorrow I will be two thirds done!

No comments:

Post a Comment